Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Friday 1 October 2010

Ibiza Sunsets

Sorry for the silence!

It could have something to do with these two sunsets. The first was taken two evenings ago, in a little Spanish village called San Carlos. It looked like the sky was on fire, absolutely amazing.


Moments like these, you can but admire Mother Nature.

This view is the one from 'our' holiday home. This was last night around 8 pm. Another dazzling sunset, and it just got more and more beautiful.


The big rock is called Es Vedra, and it is situated just off the south-west coast of the island of Ibiza, where we are currently staying.
No pictures of stitching - as yet - though a few projects accompanied me on this journey. I'm working on The Quilt Shoppe, by Lynette Anderson. A few weeks back I showed you the kit and the fabric which I'm planning to use for the finishing.
My skein of DMC3012 had gone into hiding just before I left home and Ineke was kind enough to post a new skein out to me here in Spain. It arrived today (yay!), so now I can complete some bits of this cute project. I promise to take some close-ups soon.
And for those cat lovers among you: don't worry, our little sweeties are not lonely and hungry. My Mum and Dad are staying in our home, looking after their four grandcats. You wouldn't believe the tricks they play on my Mum! Pretending to be very hungry at 6.30 in the morning! ;o) "Honestly Granny, our Mummy ALWAYS feeds us at this time of day!" ;o) ;o)

3 comments:

Nancy M said...

Beautiful sunsets!

Giovanna said...

Gorgeous photographs! Have a great time.

Joysze said...

Stunning sunsets! They're one of my top 5 favorite things in life.