Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Sunday 28 November 2010

Scandinavian Christmas Progress

My Scandinavian Christmas project is coming along nicely. Here is part 1, more or less completed:


The perfectionist in me couldn't live with the 'untidy' cross stitches I ended up with in the stitched border, so I went with this trim instead. Some work needs doing to tidy the trim up a bit, but I do like the overall look of this block. I couldn't iron it, because the blue tracing lines haven't entirely faded.

Block 2 is coming along nicely too. It has four churn dash blocks, of which I have one completed and two cut and prepared, but not yet pieced. It also has one stitched snow flake block similar to the two in block 1.
The fabric looks grey in these photos, but it is a taupe-coloured linen-look fabric.


Of course the Ort Master helped me.....



...but not for very long this time. He got utterly bored with all those pieces of fabric which I was cutting, only to put them back together again.

7 comments:

Agni said...

I am your new follower. I love your work and cats !!! I have got 2 at home and few in the country house! By-Ag

Anne Marieke said...

Hello Agnicy and welcome to my blog. Thanks for being my follower and thanks for your lovely comments. Isn't it strange how stitchers are often also cat lovers.

Erna said...

Hello Anne Marieke, love the snowman stitching..
Hugs
Erna

Unknown said...

Het wordt echt prachtig en ik kijk nu al uit naar je volgende update.

Groetjes Yvon.

Lainey said...

Part one is gorgeous but oh my how adorable is part two going to be , there;s a Snowman...lol!
Just love it.

Patty C. said...

How adorable - I love the linen with the colors you have chosen - Gorgeous mix

Giovanna said...

Lovely start on this spectacular quilt - it sounds like you're having fun with it.