Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Monday 15 August 2011

Henrietta Whiskers: A Puzzle



I'm alternating between Heart's Desire and Henrietta Whiskers at the moment, since the 8th block has been released for the latter, and there is only one block left which will be released on September 5th.


To get a better idea of the total layout, I pinned all the completed blocks and the blocks in progress (I decided to do blocks 6, 7 and 8 at the same time) to a sheet which I hung in our living room so I can keep looking at it and changing bits here and there.


I need to replace a few green squares at the right hand and left hand side, because the first narrow border is of the same fabric and I'm not happy when bits from the centre of the quilt start 'sticking' to the border. Weird, I know :o) For now I have pinned black squares over those green ones, but I'm not sure yet whether that will work. More puzzling and thinking to do.


For now I'm switching back to Heart's Desire, my focus piece of this moment. Esther released her new free BOM today called Peaceful Pathways, so go and have a look if you are interested in patchwork and quilting.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Gabi said...

That's a neat idea to pin it all for getting a good impression. Love that idea. And it looks fantastic. Always admire your quilting.

Giovanna said...

Henrietta is going to be a wonderful quilt! Such pretty colours...

Unknown said...

Wat een goed idee om het zo op te hangen, je kan zo heel goed de verdeling zien en nog wat schuiven.
Ik ben benieuwd waar je straks op uit komt.

Groetjes Yvon.

Isabelle said...

Hello Anne-Marieke, quel joli ensemble :tu as joliment choisi ces couleurs automnales si chaudes pour ce futur quilt : j'aime beaucoup et je vais attendre la suite avec impatience!!

Joysze said...

Do pretty, Anne Marieke. :D

Bunny said...

Your work is wonderful love what you are doing and what you are going to do with all those beautiful hanks of wool or thread.