Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Sunday 22 July 2012

More Fernhill Progress


Finally caught up with Fernhill and not long now until part 5 comes. I have another logcabin block done and another which needs doing. 

Eindelijk ben ik bij met Fernhill en het duurt niet lang voor deel 5 komt. Ik heb nog een logcabinblokje af en er moet er nog één gemaakt worden. 



The light was beautiful at the beginning of the evening yesterday. I took this picture of my favourite garden ornament with a white petunia growing above it. I should have dead-headed the petunia before  I took the picture, but by then the light would have gone!

Het licht was gisteren vroeg in de avond prachtig. Ik heb deze foto gemaakt van mijn favoriete tuinornament met de witte petunia die erboven bloeit. Ik had de dode bloemen er eerst even uit moeten knippen, maar dan was het mooie licht weg geweest! 

I'm working on In Full Bloom by Lynette Anderson again. My last stitchery block is almost completed and I'm piecing the last patchwork block. That will complete the last row which will then need attaching to what I have so far. Next will be the narrow brown inner border and then piecing 64 rectangles for the outer border, of which I have about 6 done :o)

Ik werk nu weer aan In Full Bloom van Lynette Anderson. Mijn laatste stitchery-blokje is bijna klaar en ik ben bezig met het in elkaar zetten van het laatste patchworkblokje. Daarmee zal de laatste rij compleet zijn en die moet dan nog aan de rest worden gezet. Daaromheen komt een smalle bruine rand en daaromheen 64 rechthoekjes voor de buitenste rand, waarvan ik er pas 6 af heb :o) 

After having shown a remarkable improvement last week, Minty's health has deteriorated again. She has stopped eating again and we're back to the vets tomorrow. 

Na een opmerkelijke opleving vorige week, is Minty nu weer veel zieker geworden. Ze is weer gestopt met eten en we gaan morgen weer met haar naar de dierenarts.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a gorgeous shot. Yeah, you did the right thing capturing that light - the petunias don't look bad at all, anyway. :) Your Fernhill is looking marvelous!

Giovanna said...

Great going on Fernhill - so pretty and delicate! I'm very sorry to read that Minty is so ill again. All the best tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Fernhill ziet er heel mooi uit, en dat ornament ziet er prachtig uit met dat laatste beetje zonlicht erop.

Ik hoop dat Minty zich straks weer wel wat beter gaat voelen.

Groetjes Yvon.