Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Tuesday 18 June 2013

A Stroll Through Our Garden

Sorry, no stitchy pictures today. After watering the garden, the light was beautiful and I played in the garden with my camera.



These pretty little wood anemones are called Anemone Multifida "Annebelle Deep Rose"

Deze mooie kleine bosanemoontjes heten Anemone Multifida "Annebelle Deep Rose"


Water droplets on a hosta leaf.

Waterdruppels op een hostablad.


These pretty pansies have been flowering since before Christmas! I dead-head them every day and they have just kept flowering.

Deze mooie violen bloeien al sinds voor de kerst! Ik haal iedere dag de dode bloemetjes eruit en ze blijven maar bloeien.



After years of trying to grow plants in a shady place under the trees in our garden that were not happy there, I have now started to create a small woodland area, with foxgloves, anemones, astrantia, aquilegia and ferns.

Nadat ik jaren heb geprobeerd planten te laten groeien in de schaduw onder de bomen die daar niet gelukkig waren, ben ik nu begonnen met het aanleggen van een bostuintje, met vingerhoedskruid in allerlei kleuren en maten, bosanemoontjes, astrantia (Zeeuws knoopje), akeleitjes en varens.




There will hopefully be more to show you from my woodland garden soon, as I received a delivery of woodland plants straight from the nursery today. It included more woodland anemones, pink ones and white ones, two types of dicentra formosa (bleeding hearts that grow in woodlands), and two types of campanula.

Hopelijk kan ik jullie binnenkort nog meer moois laten zien in mijn bostuintje, want vandaag ontving ik een levering bosplantjes rechtstreeks van de kweker. Daar zaten nog meer bosanemoontjes bij, witte en roze, twee soorten dicentra formosa, een soort gebroken hartje dat in het bos groeit en twee soorten campanula. 

Welcome to my new followers and thank you for your kind comments. I really do appreciate them! 

Welkom voor mijn nieuwe volgers en bedankt voor jullie leuke berichtjes. Die waardeer ik zeer!

14 comments:

JanetD said...

Thank you for sharing the beauty. I love the foxglove and hope your woodland garden flourishes. On a trip in Oregon, USA the foxgloves were abundant on the sides of the road, they grew like weeds! I am a new follower via Esther's LE group...so excited to participate.

Elaine said...

so pretty! I also love Dicentra and have several planted under large shrubs, they do very well - have you seen the lovely 'alba' or white version? they only thing I have to remember is where they are - they disappear completely in the winter and reappear next year :)

Giovanna said...

Lovely pictures of your lovely flowers.

Glenda said...

Beautiful art pictures here Anne Marieke just like your paintings and embroidery. Hugs Glenda

Jenny said...

beautiful photo's. The Foxglove is a weed in Northland but it really is a plant of beauty
jenny

Bunny said...

Gorgeous flowers in your garden. Love the water bubbles on the leaves. We have lots of hostas and lots of shade here too.
Bunny

Helen said...

Such beautiful photos of your flowers,thank you for sharing.

Corina said...

verstandig besluit, mijn vader zei altijd dat je met de natuur mee moet werken, niet er tegenin. Je hebt mooie bloemen staan nu!

Sandra said...

Beautiful flowers.

jjthor said...

Pretty flowers!!

Susan said...

My stitching would also take second to spending time in a beautiful garden.

Carin said...

Wat een schitterend foto's, hier hou ik zo van ... waterdruppels op planten. op 29 mei had ik hier ook een blogje aangewijd.

Eileen said...

Your garden is beautiful! I'm going to have to do some research about woodland gardens, I've never heard of them.
I'm here through your link on Esther's BOM group; I'll have to read your archives. ;)

Stitches said...

Beautiful pictures of your flowers. I have a large shady area and I really need to concentrate on getting more shade loving plants in there for color..Your are gorgeous!!