Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 3 July 2013

WOW: Love Entwined & Garden

My mariner's compass for Love Entwined by Esther Aliu is pieced. The mistake was quite easy to correct. I pinned it to the background fabric I will be using.
Now I need to prepare the outer ring of the compass, which includes 32 tiny circles of only 8mm. 

Mijn kompas voor Love Entwined van Esther Aliu zit in elkaar. De fout was vrij gemakkelijk te herstellen. Ik heb hem gespeld op de achtergrond die ik wil gebruiken voor Love Entwined. 
Nu nog de buitenring van het kompas, met 32 kleine rondjes van 8mm. 

The blue aquilegia surprised me with two beautiful new flowers this morning. 

De blauwe akelei verraste me vanmorgen met twee prachtige nieuwe bloemen.


The hostas are starting to flower too. 

De hosta's krijgen ook al bloemen.


The pale pink daisy plant came up with another very pretty brighter pink one. 

De zachtroze margriet  heeft weer zo'n prachtige feller roze bloem.




Just because alchemilla is so beautiful after the rain. 

Gewoon, omdat vrouwenmantel zo prachtig is als het heeft geregend.

The hydrangeas are finally starting to flower!

De hortensia's beginnen ook eindelijk te bloeien!

I'm linking my blog to Esther Aliu's WOW (Works in Progress on Wednesday). Click on the link to visit blogs from stitchers from all over the world.
Thank you for your lovely comments and welcome to my new followers. 

Ik koppel mijn blog aan Esther Aliu's WOW. Klik op de link om blogs te bezoeken van handwerksters over de hele wereld. 
Bedankt voor jullie leuke berichtjes en welkom voor mijn nieuwe volgers. 


11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that print that you use in the center - and such nice fussy arrangement! I will be back to work on mine today and hope to finish the center in between helping DH with a outside project - that is the way for me - 15 minutes here and there and things get done!
love all the flowers.

ria vogelzang said...

Mooi kompas! Ik zie dat je dezelfde gedachte had als ik; het groen in het centrum vervangen door rood..... ;)
Veel succes met de ring!
Moet ik ook nog doen.
Groetjes, Ria.

Marguerite said...

Hoe vaker ik de kompasroos zie hoe vaker ik moet toegeven dat het bij mij nu ook gaat kriebelen.
Maar ik begin nog maar net met quilten dus het is nog veel ste hoog gegrepen voor mij.
Ik geniet gewoon van al jullie mooie kompasrozen.
Groetjes Marguerite

Mayleen said...

Beautiful Mariner's Compass and beautiful garden photos too! I love the fussy cutting you did.

Bunny said...

Beautiful compass and your flowers are so so pretty, never seen the first looks like a Fucshia. We have lots of hostas in our garden too.
Bunny

Helen said...

Gorgeous flowers and a beautiful compass, love your fabric choices and fussy cutting. Well done !!!!!!!

Giovanna said...

Well done on the compass rose, it's beautiful

Jane in Cumbria said...

Je kompas is heel mooi geworden. Ik ben benieuwd hoe de rondjes eruit gaan zien....
Onze hortensias zijn nog lang niet zover.

Carin said...

je kompas is prachtig geworden !!

Mag ik jouw naam met blog op mijn blog plaatsen? Ik heb namelijk aan de zijkant een lijst gemaakt van allemaal quilters die deze quilt aan het maken zijn.

Margaret said...

I am thinking about joining in with this "coverlet". You have a wonderful kitty! (My cat, Mandu, helps me a lot, too!)
Margaret

jjthor said...

Lovely work ! I like the pics of the flowers!!