Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Wednesday 5 February 2014

WOW: Mountmellick & Château Hexagon

Those are my two focus projects at the moment: Château Hexagon and Mountmellick, Di Ford's mystery which is published in Quiltmania.

This is my progress so far. I forgot to include the border in this picture (see previous post). The basket is also made up of the border fabric.

Dat zijn de twee projecten waar ik op het moment aan werk: Château Hexagon en Mountmellick, de mystery van Di Ford, uit Quiltmania. 

Dit is mijn voortgang tot nu toe. Ik vergat de randen op de foto te laten zien (zie eerder bericht). The basket is also made up of the border fabric.


I started the broderie perse for the roses last night. So much fun to do. But also fiddly and very time-consuming. 

Ik ben gisteravond begonnen met de broderie perse rozen. Zo leuk om te doen, maar ook priegelig en het vreet tijd.

 My furry helper is always there to lend a paw...
"Mummy can I play too?"

Mijn harige helper is er altijd om een pootje te helpen...
"Mammie, mag ik ook meedoen?"



...but thankfully he also has a snooze now and then so I can work a bit faster.

...maar gelukkig doet hij ook af en toe een dutje zodat ik een beetje kan opschieten. 


 


I also completed part 6 of Château Hexagon by Lynette Anderson. I'm not stitching them in any particular order, but still need to complete part 3, part 7 and part 9. The latter arrived last week and it also incudes Lynette's version of the border, which I love. So that's what I will be doing too: a scrappy border. I will show you a picture in a few days' time. I don't want to spoil the surprise for those who haven't received their kit yet.

Deel 6 van Château Hexagon van Lynette Anderson is ook af. Ik maak ze niet op volgorde, maar moet nog de delen 3, 7 en 9 maken. Die laatste kwam van de week aan en Lynette's rand staat er ook in, die ik heel leuk vind. De mijne wordt op dezelfde manier gemaakt, met scrappy rand. Ik laat over een paar dagen een foto van Lynette's hele quilt zien. Ik wil de verrassing niet bederven voor diegenen die hun pakketje nog niet hebben ontvangen.


The helleborus is in full flower at the moment. These two look a bit battered by the rain, but they are so beautiful. I also have toadstools and spring bulbs in the garden. Mother Nature is a bit puzzled as to what she is supposed to be doing.

De helleborus staat te bloeien. Deze twee zien er een beetje verregend uit, maar ze zijn zo mooi. Ik heb ook paddenstoelen en voorjaarsbollen in de tuin. Moeder Natuur is een beetje in de war.


This blog post will be linked to Esther Aliu's WOW (WIPs on Wednesdays). If you need inspiration, go and have a look at what other stitchers from all over the world are doing.

Dit blogje wordt gekoppeld aan WOW van Esther Aliu. Als je inspiratie nodig hebt, ga dan kijken wat handwerksters van over de hele wereld aan het doen zijn. 


4 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely progress on both projects, great to see Anne .

Corina said...

Mooie projecten heb je onder handen!

Anonymous said...

Je schiet al lekker op met de mystery. En zeker onder toeziend oog van de kat

www.somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com said...

I started doing the Chateau Hexagon Project from Chateau Hexagons project on your blog.It is just the cutest project and I am loving it.I am also making Love Entwined.I just couldn't decide the colors till I saw a few from what others are doing.It is such a beautiful Quilt they all will be magnificent in there own color schemes.Thanks for sharing.Elvis is such a cool kitty & I love your pink China also!!!!! Debbie Kelly http://somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com