Welcome to my blog, where I write mostly about my passions applique and patchwork, crochet, watercolour painting, and photography.

I hope you enjoy reading about my projects, and that you will leave a comment before you go.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.


Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find my labels, if you are looking for something specific.

Welkom op mijn blog waar ik vooral schrijf over mijn passies appliqueren & patchwork, haken, aquarelleren en fotografie.

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt over mijn projecten te lezen en dat je een berichtje achter zult laten voor je mijn blog verlaat.

Als je vragen hebt, aarzel dan niet om ze te stellen.

Als je iets specifieks zoekt, vind je mijn labels helemaal onderaan mijn blog.


Anne Marieke

Sunday 12 October 2014

Stonefields

Yep, I fell for Stonefields too.

Ja hoor, ook ik ben voor Stonefields gevallen. 

 

My first instalment arrived on October 2nd and I started that same afternoon. As usual, I'm using my own fabrics. In 10 days' time I completed three stars, and found my fabric for the fourth star...

Mijn eerste deel kwam op 2 oktober en ik ben diezelfde middag nog begonnen. In 10 dagen tijd heb ik drie sterren gemaakt en de stof voor mijn vierde ster gekozen.... 

completed two Orange Peel blocks...
twee Orange Peels afgemaakt...

Orange Peel I

Orange Peel II
And the first Pomegranate is done too.
En de eerste Pomegranate is ook af. 

The Orange Peel part of this Pomegranate was made using a fabric which Jane sent me (shown in my previous post). The William Morris fabric (top left) used in the first Orange Peel was also a gift from Jane.
Voor het Orange Peel middenstukje van deze Pomegranate gebruikte ik het stofje dat Jane me stuurde (te zien in mijn vorige blogje). En het William Morris stofje (linksboven) van de eerst Orange Peel was ook een cadeautje van Jane.

Yesterday I made the first four circles for the first of two St Honoré Gateau, using Perfect Circle templates:
Gisteren heb ik de eerste vier cirkels voor de eerste van twee St Honoré Gateaus gemaakt, met behulp van Perfect Circles malletjes.




This is what the gateau looks like now
Zo ziet het taartje er nu uit 


Difficult to see in the first picture, but it has a pretty white on cream butterfly in the centre.
I had to cut away the background fabric (eek...), because the little red flower were showing through the gateau. 
Moeilijk te zien op de eerste foto, maar er zit een wit-op-crème vlinder midden op het taartje. 
I moest de achtergrondstof achter het taartje wegknippen (brrr) omdat de rode bloemetjes er doorheen schenen.

I used scraps sent to me by stitching friend Hanneke (thank you Hanneke!) and fabrics from my stash.
Ik gebruikte scraps die handwerkvriendin Hanneke stuurde (dank je wel Hanneke) en stofjes uit mijn eigen vorraad. 

I made some more circles late last night, and it looks like I may need to do something about the pink scrap of fabric I used, it is bleeding quite badly.
Gisteravond laat heb ik nog wat rondjes gemaakt, en ik moet duidelijk iets doen aan het roze rondje, want het scrapje stof is flink doorgelopen. 


And I also worked on the first Willie's Birthday block, which is still missing one 'leaf'.
Gisteren heb ik ook aan de eerste van twee Willie's Birthday blokjes gewerkt, dat nog één 'blad' mist. 


Two more scraps from Hanneke and the cream with pink flowers was sent to me by Helen from Australia. Maybe you recognize it from my Dear Jane block where it was also used.
Weer twee scraps van Hanneke en de crème met roze bloemetjes komt van Helen uit Australië. Jullie herkennen het misschien van mijn Dear Jane blokje, waar ik het ook voor gebruikte.

I just love using different bits of fabrics given to me by friends from all over the world. It makes this quilt very special. 
 Ik vind het zo leuk om stukjes stof te gebruiken die mijn vriendinnen van over de hele wereld me hebben gestuurd. Dat maakt deze quilt heel bijzonder. 

This blog post was supposed to be about Mountmellick, on which I was working away faithfully, until the first Stonefields envelope arrived in the post. Once I have completed the first instalment, I will be going back to Mountmellick. I have seen a sneak preview of how it will look finished and now I need to get a move-on until the last part is published mid November.

Dit blogje had over Mountmellick moeten gaan, waar ik trouw aan werkte toen de eerste Stonefields-envelop door de brievenbus kwam. Als deel 1 af is, ga ik weer terug naar Mountmellick. Ik heb een foto gezien van hoe hij wordt als hij af is, dus ik moet nog even hard aan het werk tot het laatste deel half november uitkomt. 

Back soon with more news of Stonefields and Mountmellick.
 Tot gauw met meer nieuws over Stonefields en Mountmellick. 


10 comments:

Carolien said...

Het ziet er al leuk uit!
Groetjes en veel plezier ermee, Carolien

Elaine said...

Glad you've joined the party! Beware it's addictive lol!

Jane in Cumbria said...

A nice beginning, especially with all those interesting fabrics!

Lynette said...

Don't you love those perfect circle templates? You're using nice fabrics for this.

Kleine Vingers said...

Dat ziet er mooi uit
Groetjes

Michele said...

Beautiful work!

Helen said...

Just beautiful work and fabrics. I especially like the way you are using the piece I sent you hehe....

Flickenstichlerin said...

This looks so great, you've got me interested. Just looked up the pattern on www. What a beautiful quilt. Wish you lots of fun with your new toy.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Giovanna said...

Perfect sewing and lovely fabrics - enjoy the new project!

Glenda said...

Oh Anne Marieke your art skills with a needle are so amazing how I enjoy just looking at your appliqué and marvelling at those smooth smooth edges that one can not even see where the stitches are most of the time. Have fun making this lovely quilt with Elaine and Jane I'm really enjoying watching your lovely tiny blocks grow. Hugs Glenda